Vasse Primary School, established in 1869, will celebrate 150 years of our school’s historical journey with the whole community during the week of 5th – 9th November, 2019.
- Students will participate in a range of school based activities from 5th – 8th November.
150 year Gala Cocktail Evening – Friday 8th November 6pm – 8pm
- Please join us for an evening of Guest Speakers, Historical Display and ‘Faces of Vasse’ Community stories.
18+ Event. Locally supplied Canapés by Catered by Jacqueline
A specially designed commemorative coin (kindly sponsored by Vasse Development)
Past students, teachers and community members are encouraged to attend.
- Tickets $45 – on sale 14th October (Term 4) from Admin Office.
VPS P&C Ye Olde Fair – Saturday 9th November 9am – 3pm
- Enjoy a time gone by announced by the town cryer. Classic fair stalls, pioneer costumes, crafters corner, garden plants. Activities include pony & train rides, archery, butter making & wood-turning demonstrations; vintage car, Penny Farthing, horse and cart displays and more;
- The Time Capsule buried on the 10th of December 1994 will be opened. It should be a blast from past for adults and fun for the kids to investigate what the items are and what they were used for.
- Purchase a personalize custom designed Commemorative Brick to be installed in a designated memorial area in the school.
Watch this page for updates.
We celebrate 150 years of Excellence in Education.
Photos courtesy of Ross & Kate Reading.
Top left: 1982 Tree Planting with R.R. Damian & Justin Reading
Top right: Newtown School Boys 1911
Bottom left: Pole driving at Carbanup River – Albert Thurkle
Bottom Right: Vasse School 1930