- This event has passed.
NAIDOC Week (T2 Wk10) at Vasse PS
27 June, 2022 - 1 July, 2022
A week of events lined up by our Koolbardi Team for the whole school community.
8:50 – 9:30am – Whole School Assembly Online with Special Guests – Cape Naturaliste College Students & Michella Hutchins (nee Webb) https://www.vasseps.wa.edu.au/calendar/naidoc-assembly-t2-wk10-whole-school-online/
9:45- 11am • Early Years Face painting
Activities in the Hive – Recess/ Lunch
- Artefacts table – display of Aboriginal artefacts
- Giant NAIDOC Poster colouring in– Students/ staff can join in the joint colouring in of the 2022
- Beading– Create a NAIDOC themed bracelet using beads
- Face painting– by one of our talented students
- Books– Dreamtime stories
- Sand Art
During the Week Activities
- Bonar (Seasons) Symbols Competition – All students are invited to design a symbol for each of the 6 Noongar seasons. The winning symbols will be used for newsletters/ websites/ posters for the change of each season.
- Boomerang design– pattern a boomerang. Google ‘Boomerang design symbols for inspiration’.
- Listen to – The Carers of Everything by Noel Nannup- about an hour-long dreamtime story directly related to WA which also links to sustainability. https://4returns.commonland.com/stories/moondang-ak-kaaradjiny-the-carers-of-everything/
- SBS NAIDOC Activities https://www.sbs.com.au/learn/resources/celebrate-naidoc-get-up-stand-up-show-up
- Noongar Animals Word sleuth
Have fun, do something different and celebrate our amazing Aboriginal culture!