The WA State Government has announced free public transport to be provided for school students starting through the Ride to School Free Program for travel to and from school Monday to Friday. Families who have two children travelling to and from school daily on public transport could see savings of up to $560 across the school year.https://www.pta.wa.gov.au/news/media-statements/free-public-transport-for-school-students-and-sundays
Order a SmartRider Card
Please ensure you order your SmartRider Card ASAP to access the Ride to School Free Program as of 1st March. Your child’s first student SmartRider Card is free (Primary School only) if you complete the SmartRider Application Form and post to: SmartRider
PO Box 10
Westminster, WA 6061.
You can also order your initial or replacement SmartRider card online through MonitorWA but this will incur a $5 charge per card.
- Your child must tag on and tag off on the same journey.
- If they do not tag off then the SmartRider system will automatically debit $2.30 from SmartRider card.
- You will also need to have a credit amount on your card at all times.
- The Smartrider free fare will not work if there is a $0 credit balance on the card.
- A Parent will need to set up a My Account for your child/ren to top up the credit on the SmartRider card (minimum $5 top up).
- Free Fare Sundays in the Metro area only with a valid SmartRider card.
For more information please see https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/smartrider/